May 23, 2017

Roy Rogers Movie poem

 
  The sun slips over the horizon
  Leaving a dusky bliss
  The sight is worthy to lay your eyes on
  Surely something you don't want to miss.
  And, as the sun goes down
  It leaves behind it
  A sense of peace in the town
  A campfire burning bright,
  Illuminates the camp
  And their faces with its light.
  A song they do play,
  And laughter so gay,
  Fills the shadowy night.
  They are satisfied, and as for me?
  I sorta wish life could be,
  Just like this Roy Rogers movie.

  I want to see The Lights of Old Santa Fe
  And to dream Under California Stars
  I want to live in the Days of Jesse James
  And hear The Sons of the Pioneers sing
  To the music of their guitars.

  Utah is grand, and Colorado is, too
  And Idaho, and Southward Ho
  For in them you always know,
  That The King of the Cowboys will come through.




© 2017 by Western Reservoir